Last Updated: 2019, 01, 03
1. What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual.
“Personal Information” is any information about an identified individual or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from such information
2. What Personal Information We Collect.
The Personal Information Capitex collects depends on how you interact with us, our Services, or our website. For example, we may collect information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address, information you provide when you communicate with us, your payment information, and other information we are permitted or required to collect by applicable law, including your financial and credit history and worthiness, information about your employment, income and past transactions and payment history where you apply for financial services.
The Personal Information Capitex collects depends on how you interact with us, our Services, or our website. For example, we may collect information, such as:
- Your full name, and contact information such as your address, phone number, and email address,
- Information you choose to provide when you communicate with us,
- Your payment information, when you make payments on a loan you obtained through our Services, and
- Other information we are permitted or required to collect by applicable law.
If you apply for a loan or other financial product from us, you agree we may collect one or more credit or personal information reports about you from credit bureaus, consumer reporting agencies, and other organizations as follows:
- These reports may include information establishing your identity (e.g. your name, date of birth, home address, telephone number, email, and other contact information), and information related to your financial and credit history and worthiness, such as information about your employment, income and past transactions and payment history.
- We may obtain these reports from organizations including TransUnion, 3115 Harvester Road, Suite 201, Burlington, Ontario, Canada, L7N 3N8, and we may obtain financial reports from Flinks, 1001 Rue Lenoir Suite A114, Montreal, Quebec, H4C 2ZC, to obtain providing financial insights and credit risk intelligence.
- We may obtain these reports both when you first apply for our Services, and from time to time during our relationship.
- You agree that reports regarding you may also be obtained by any insurer or potential insurer of any loan or other financial product you have with us.
- If you apply for financial products too frequently, this may lower your credit rating.
- If you have provided your social insurance number, it may be used and shared with these agencies as an aid to identify you.
If you apply for a loan with a co-applicant, or guarantor, we may collect this information from both you, and your co-applicant or guarantor.
When you visit our website, we may collect information as described in section 4, “How we Collect Information Automatically when you Visit our Website, and Cookies.”
3. How We Use Personal Information.
We use personal information to provide our services, including to evaluate applications; to administer our products or services; to identify or locate you; to protect from fraud and error; to understand your needs and eligibility; for underwriting, and managing other products and services, such as credit insurance; to assess creditworthiness; to assess the risk; to process payments; to collect any amounts owed to us; to manage our mailing, email, and telephone lists; to recommend particular products and services; to understand how visitors interact with our website; to improve our website; and to carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law, including to meet any applicable client identification and anti-money laundering requirements.
Capitex may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- to evaluate your application for credit;
- to administer any loan or other product or service we provide you;
- to identify or locate you;
- to protect you and us from fraud and error;
- to understand your needs and eligibility for services;
- for the purpose of underwriting, and managing other products and services related to your loan, such as credit insurance;
- to assess your current and ongoing creditworthiness;
- to make and document our decision on any credit or other application to us;
- to assess the risk associated with and to administer this products or services you receive from us;
- to process your payments;
- to send you a payment confirmation when your payment has been processed;
- to collect any amounts you owe to us;
- including you on Capitex mailing, email, and telephone lists;
- to recommend particular products and services that we think are better tailored to meet your needs;
- to understand how visitors interact with our website and our advertising;
- to improve our website and advertising;
- to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; and
- to carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law, including to meet any applicable client identification and anti-money laundering requirements
4. How We Collect Information Automatically When You Visit Our Website, and Cookies
To help us manage our website and for related purposes, we collect your domain name, the time of visits, which pages of website are visited and what features and links are used, how users interact with our communications, IP address, internet service provider, operating system, web browser, and identity of the website visited immediately before coming to our website.
When you visit our website, or click one of our online advertisements, we may collect information such as:
- your domain name,
- the time of your visit,
- which pages of our website you visit and what features and links you click or use,
- how you interact with communications we send you, such as whether you open an email we send you,
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address,
- your Internet Service Provider (ISP),
- the Operating System (Windows, Macintosh, etc.) you use,
- the web browser (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.) you use, and
- the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to our website.
This information is used to help us:
- Manage our website,
- Diagnose any technical problems,
- Track click streams, measure, monitor, and report on website traffic and page views,
- Determine how visitors arrive at our website and interact with our content, including determining which of our advertisements are the most effective,
- Remember you if as you navigate through our site, and if you return too it, and
- Improve the content of our website, and our advertising.
We may also work with third party companies to collect information about your use of our website through technologies such as cookies and related technologies so that we may better understand the use of our website. The third parties we work with may include:
5. How to Opt-Out of Certain Uses of Your Personal Information.
You can opt-out of certain of our practices, including our commercial email.
You can opt-out of certain of our use of Google Analytics, by using the link we provide in section 4 above.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may opt-out by using the ‘unsubscribe’ tool at the bottom of such messages.
For more assistance, or any questions, please contact us using the information in section 13 below.
6. How We Disclose Personal Information.
We may disclose personal information to our service providers, credit reporting agencies, and for legal requirements. If you do not pay the amounts you owe or apply for financial products too frequently, this may lower your credit rating.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party or should any such transaction be proposed. This includes any case where we sell or assign all, or any part of our loan portfolio. In such a case, your Personal Information would be part of the assets provided to the purchaser or acquirer of the portfolio.
We may disclose your Personal Information to credit reporting agencies for the purpose of maintaining your credit history. For example, if you fail to make any payments when due under any loan or other agreement you have with us, we may share a negative report with consumer reporting agencies, and this may have a negative impact on your credit score.
We may also use, or disclose your Personal Information to third parties, if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us, including if we deem it necessary or advisable for the purpose of collecting any debt you owe us; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property.
Lastly, we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you consent.
7. How we Protect Personal Information.
We use technical, contractual, physical, and administrative security measures to help protect the Personal Information in our possession, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide to us.
Capitex uses technical, physical, and administrative security measures to help protect the Personal Information in our possession. Only staff members or Capitex representatives or third party service providers needing access to Personal Information are provided access to such information and we limit their access to that needed for the purpose(s) they are carrying out.
No security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
8. We may Transfer Personal Information Outside of Canada
By providing us with personal information, you understand and expressly agree that we may transfer some or all of that information to be stored or processed on servers located outside of Canada, including in the United States and the Ukraine.
Some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside of Canada, including in the United States, and the Ukraine. Data protection laws in the US or other countries may differ from those in Canada. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
By providing us with Personal Information, you understand and expressly agree that we may transfer it outside of Canada or your jurisdiction of residence. If you do not agree to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of Canada, do not provide us with Personal Information, or use our Services.
9. Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information.
Subject to certain limits, you may access, review, and request correction to the Personal Information of yours that we hold.
You may access, review, and request correction your Personal Information held by Capitex. If you request access, we endeavor to provide the information in question within a reasonable time.
To protect against fraudulent requests for access to your Personal Information, we ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your information before granting access. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your Personal Information.
We reserve the right not to change Personal Information if we disagree that it is incorrect, but we will append your requested alternative information. We may not provide access to Personal Information where permitted or required to deny access by the applicable law, for example, where the information requested would disclose the Personal Information, including opinions, of another individual or if it is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
10. Children and Parents.
We do not intend to collect personal information about children under 13.
Our website is not directed at children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has provided us with Personal Information themselves, you may ask to review or delete this information.
11. Third Party Websites.
We are not responsible for the practices of third party websites.
12. We may Change this Policy.
13. How to Contact Us.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or complaints about:
- accessing your Personal Information;
- how we collect, use, manage or disclose Personal Information; or
please contact Betul Eryilmaz by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to 4240 Bloor St W, Etobicoke, ON, Canada, M9C 1Z7.